Monday, September 8, 2008

What Happened To A 17 Year Old Boy In Murrieta

After returning home after a day of hanging out with my fellow friends, my mom introduced a letter to me from Hollywood Video. I thought it was just some kind of hopeless advertisement on some kind of deal, but as I was doing some homework, my mom quickly asked in a question, "Why do you owe $48.48 to Hollywood Video?"

Of course, "What?" was my first answer, but after seeing the letter myself, I quickly became angered. I was being charged on a video that I had already returned in almost more than 6 months or so time (I didn't know how long it was since I returned it).

I quickly called their toll free number that they provided on the notice, but was introduced to a robot saying that their office was closed. I was stuck, in my house, with a payment of $48.48 on the movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, that I returned on the exact day that the movie was due.

This was my second time renting a movie from Hollywood Video, and I'm already kicked in the face by an urgent notice saying that I'm in debt to them for more than forty dollars, and if I don't pay in ten days, they're going to call a collection agency on me.

What a load of poop. They never told me a damn thing about any information on a late item (which I absolutely hate when stores do this), to even inform me that a video was late. Maybe if they did that, I would have been able to prove that I in fact turned in my rental, but I guess the business just wants it's money worth.

Too bad for them, they've just lost more than $1,000.00 in sales a year due to their greediness. I'm moving over to Netflix.

Story Provided by, Matthew Jon Castro

2 comments:

Pheak T said...

i had the same problem, now i do netflix..much much easier..but i stopped going to hollywood video cuz of course like you said, it sucks. everything was BS..i had the same issue so no use in me telling the same story..but i like your blog man keep it coming.

Matthew Castro said...

Yeah, hopefully this blog will reach the public's eyes and see how bad Hollywood Video really is.